Technology continues to evolve, even in our houses. For once, taking control of your cooling and heating system has become as simple as installing an app on your smartphone. We are talking about wireless thermostats, a relatively new concept that’s already changing lives. From dramatically reducing the energy bill to providing remote access, the benefits of switching to a wireless thermostat are too enticing to ignore. But what are the best wireless thermostats to use? Given that most of us are new to smart thermostats, it will be a smart idea to give careful consideration to the best options available.
It’s worth noting that some manufacturers have gone a notch higher to provide wireless thermostats that go beyond temperature control to offer many other perks. We’ve sieved through several of these brands and came up with what we believe to be the best wireless thermostats on the market.
- Table of The Best Wireless Thermostats Reviews
- 10. Honeywell Home Wireless Thermostat Kit
- 9. Braeburn Wireless Thermostat Sensor
- 8. Google Nest Wireless Thermostats
- 7. Emerson Thermostats Wi-Fi Smart Thermostats / Touchscreen Color Display
- 6. Honeywell Home Wi-Fi Smart Color Programmable Thermostat
- 5. Ecobee Wireless Room Thermostat
- 4. Sensi Wi-Fi Thermostats for Home
- 3. Honeywell Touch Screen Wireless Thermostat
- 2. Emerson Thermostats Wireless Easy Install
- 1. Johnson Controls Glas Smart Thermostat / Touchscreen Wi-Fi, Mobile App
Table of The Best Wireless Thermostats Reviews
10. Honeywell Home Wireless Thermostat Kit
This is an upgrade of the Honeywell WiFi thermostat. You get all the functionality of a WiFi system, but with numerous other perks. Thanks to Honeywell’s exclusive RedLINK wireless technology, you’ll get up to 90 system alerts and keep track of setting history. Moreover, you get outdoor humidity and temperature display and zone control in the case of zone control systems.
The Equipment Interface Module controls up to 3 stages of heating and 2 stages of cooling. Another unique feature is the Return Air Sensor, which maintains 82°F for cooling and 62°F for heating in the case of power loss. Not to mention, RedLINK offers robust interference-free wireless signals. Plus, users have total control over the home’s temperature, humidity, and indoor air quality. What’s more, you get remote access via your desktop, smartphone, or tablet from anywhere in the world.
- Equipment Interface Module for total home comfort
- Return Air Sensor maintains a safe indoor temperature
- Robust and interference-free RedLINK wireless technology
9. Braeburn Wireless Thermostat Sensor
This universal WiFi thermostat kit offers comfort and convenience at your fingertips. The package comprises a BlueLink control module that can support up to 4 wireless sensors. Plus, the module can also support one wired remote sensor. But for this package, it comes with a wireless humidity sensor for automatic temperature and humidity control. The thermostat offers multistage heating (three stages) and cooling (two stages) to save energy. Not to mention, the thermostat has the capability of automatic changeover that saves energy.
There is a 7-day programmable option for each day of the week and a 5-2 day option for weekdays and weekends. Furthermore, you get a standard non-programmable option. A 5-inch LCD with bright blue backlight makes it easier to read. Braeburn 7500 is compatible with the heat pump and conventional air conditioning system.
- Supports up to four wireless sensors and one wired remote sensor
- Supports 2 or 3 wire hydronic zone systems
- Adjustable temperature limits with automatic changeover
- Non-programmable option and a programmable option of 7-day and 5-2day
8. Google Nest Wireless Thermostats
This WiFi thermostat learns your schedule to eliminate the need for programming. Compared to the 2nd generation version, Nest 3rd generation thermostat has a slimmer profile but with a large display. Plus, the display has a color screen that looks nicer in modern homes. One energy-saving feature of this screen is the proximity sensor. It makes the screen light up to its full color as you approach. Hence, it is easier to read time and temperature from across the room. The sensor has a range of up to 50 feet. Nest 3rd generation thermostat supports voice control via Alexa. Moreover, it works with other Nest devices to keep you safe and secure.
- Learns your schedule to eliminate programming
- Slimmer but with a larger color display
- Energy-efficient proximity sensor
- Supports Alexa voice control
7. Emerson Thermostats Wi-Fi Smart Thermostats / Touchscreen Color Display
Emerson Sensi was at one time named the best smart thermostat. It uses an intuitive mobile app that automatically configures the settings based on the temperature and humidity levels in your home. The thermostat has a backlight HD touchscreen that is easy to use and read. It supports multiple energy-saving features, such as geofencing function, 7-day programming, and energy usage reports. These save up to 23% on HVAC energy. Extensive compatibility enables Emerson thermostat to work with most HVAC home systems.
Furthermore, you get smart alerts in the event of extreme temperature or humidity. The thermostat works with Alexa for the voice control function. Also, it integrates with other smart home platforms to provide timely alerts and energy efficiency savings.
- Saves up to 23% on HVAC energy
- Extensive compatibility with most HVAC systems
- Supports voice control via Alexa
- Integrates with most smart home platforms
- Backlight touchscreen display
6. Honeywell Home Wi-Fi Smart Color Programmable Thermostat
This thermostat works with a smartphone app via WiFi. One of it’s most unique features is the color touchscreen. Besides being easy to read, you can personalize the screen color to match your home decor. The screen displays local weather, which includes indoor/outdoor humidity levels and temperature. The thermostat gives intelligent alerts regarding filter changes, extreme temperature, the status of internet connection, among others. It is compatible with most smart home technologies to provide total home comfort.
- A color touchscreen with personalized display
- Flexible programming options
- Works with smart home platforms, such as Alexa and Apple Home
- Gives intelligent alerts and notifications
5. Ecobee Wireless Room Thermostat
This 2nd generation thermostat offers exceptional comfort, control, and savings. It saves users up to 23% in heating and cooling costs. The thermostat lets you personalize your comfort when at home or asleep. What’s more, it allows you to save more energy when away. Another desirable feature is the smart recovery function, which minimizes system runtime to save energy. Plus, the thermostat tracks how much energy you use. Hence, it’s incredibly useful for those planning to save more money. You get smart alerts and reminders regarding maintenance and extreme temperature. The thermostat combines with Alexa to support voice control. Furthermore, it works well with other intelligent home setups, including Amazon and Apple HomeKit.
- Saves up to 23% on HVAC energy
- Compatible with most smart home setups
- Works with room sensors to automatically switch to the right level of comfort
- Supports Alexa voice control
4. Sensi Wi-Fi Thermostats for Home
This is the DIY version of the Emerson Sensi wireless thermostat. One feature that every DIY will love is the quick and easy installation, which takes 30 minutes or less. The thermostat offers an automatic display of time, temperature, and humidity. Not to mention, it’s a versatile choice for use with most HVAC systems. You get extensive compatibility with other smart home platforms, such as Apple HomeKit, Google Assistant, and Amazon Alexa. Plus, when you combine with the Alexa device, the thermostat accepts voice commands. Emerson Sensi thermostat gives smart alerts in the vent of extreme temperature and humidity.
- Energy-rated features save up to 23%
- Flexible programming that fits your lifestyle
- Extensive compatibility with most heating and cooling systems
- Supports voice control
- Compatible with most smart home platforms
3. Honeywell Touch Screen Wireless Thermostat
This thermostat helps monitor indoor/outdoor temperature and humidity. It has a color touchscreen that displays time, temperature, and humidity. You can choose to change the screen color to accent your home decor. The thermostat includes an automatic changer for energy-saving purposes. It offers a 7-day programmable function to fit your lifestyle and comfort. Using your home’s WiFi, it is easy to control the thermostat from anywhere in your house. Alternatively, you can to install the Total Connect Comfort app that allows you to control and monitor the thermostat from any spot in the world.
- 7-day programming
- Customizable color touchscreen
- Automatic intelligent alerts
- Intuitive to use
2. Emerson Thermostats Wireless Easy Install
Emerson 1F98EZ comprises an Equipment Control Module that works with up to 4 wireless sensors. But for this package, it includes a Return Air Sensor that maintains temperature and humidity as a safe level in the event of power loss. It’s a 7-day programmable thermostat that lets you schedule for each day of the week. The thermostat offers extensive compatibility with both single-stage and multistage HVAC systems. It’s a good recommendation for DIYers since it’s pretty easy to install.
- 7-day programmable option
- Works with both single-stage and multistage HVAC systems
- Offers ultimate comfort and premium humidity control
- Pretty easy to install
- Can work with up to 4 wireless sensors
1. Johnson Controls Glas Smart Thermostat / Touchscreen Wi-Fi, Mobile App
GLAS Smart thermostat offers a perfect mix of form and function. monitors and reports air quality, both indoor and outdoor. One of its most outstanding features is the OLED touchscreen. It offers a vibrant translucent display that is thinner, lighter, and more flexible. Unlike LCD screens, it doesn’t require backlighting hence saving energy. Plus, it has an auto-schedule function for considerable energy saving. The thermostat is compatible with most HVAC configurations. It has a built-in Microsoft Cortana but also supports other smart home platforms, including Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. GLAS thermostat is easy to install and offers delightful interactions on both smartphones and tablets.
- Vibrant OLED touchscreen
- Energy-efficient display and auto-schedule
- Works with Alexa and other smart home platforms
- Integrated occupancy sensor for total comfort when at home