Even with the best skills, a chainsaw might cost you a hand, not unless you have the right safety gear. Danger lurks everywhere, and the chain might snap at any time. It’s no surprise that most chainsaw users put safety first, comfort second. And at the top of the safety list are chainsaw gloves. Nonetheless, you don’t want to take any shortcuts when selecting the best chainsaw gloves. For the most part, you should look for something that offers ultimate protection but without sacrificing comfort. Tell you what, we’ve done all we can to make that happen.
After digging around, we’ve come across what we believe to be the best chainsaw gloves on the market. And we see it wise to do some reviews on each option to help find the right match for you. Without further ado, let’s take a closer look at the best chainsaw gloves you can buy right now.
- Table of The Best Chainsaw Gloves Reviews
- 10. Husqvarna Functional Saw Protection Gloves
- 9. Echo Chainsaw Gloves Protective
- 8. Superior Glove Leather Gloves Work / Kevlar Lined Cut Resistant
- 7. Husqvarna Work Gloves Heavy Duty
- 6. Oregon Chain Saw Safety Gloves
- 5. Superior Glove / Cut Resistant Chainsaw Gloves
- 4. Youngstown Glove Company Kevlar Work Gloves / General Utility lined
- 3. Elvex Cowhide Leather Palm Gloves
- 2. Echo Shindaiwa Chain Saw Gloves
- 1. Ironclad Durable Chainsaw Gloves / General Utility Work Gloves
Table of The Best Chainsaw Gloves Reviews
10. Husqvarna Functional Saw Protection Gloves
Husqvarna chainsaw gloves offer the right balance between toughness and flexibility. The back of the gloves, for instance, comes in spandex fabric. Well, this is among the most flexible materials around. Not to mention, it’s also pliable. As a result, it offers a snug fit to most hand sizes. Also, it provides a good stretch, making it easy to wear or take off the gloves. You’ll notice that these gloves have more protection on the left hand. Well, this is a thoughtful design since the left side is more susceptible to harm.
The palm, on the other hand, is natural goatskin leather. It offers a firm grip, which is quite useful under wet conditions. Furthermore, it wicks away moisture to keep your hands sweat-free. In addition, the gloves have a high-visibility color. For this reason, it’s easy to catch the attention of the people working around you. These chainsaw gloves are available in Medium and X-Large sizes.
- Flexible and pliable spandex fabric
- A cut-resistant left hand
- Natural goatskin leather is breathable and offers a firm grip
- A high-visibility color for safety
9. Echo Chainsaw Gloves Protective
Echo chainsaw gloves offer ultimate protection. Two Kevlar layers at the back, for instance, do an excellent job to absorb impact. Not to mention, it’s puncture-proof and cut-resistant. Hence, you’re fully protected in the event of an accident. Another remarkable feature is the foam padding on the palm. It reduces the level of vibrations that reach your hands, resulting in minimum fatigue. Because of that, you’ll be able to handle a running machine for longer. The palm has a goatskin lining. For this reason, it’s breathable for comfort. Also, it provides a firm grip. The knuckles and fingertips are reinforced and padded for durability and comfort. Furthermore, the gloves have velcro fastening. As a result, you get a fit that’s tight and secure.
- Double layer of Kevlar absorb various impacts
- Foam padding in palm area minimizes vibrations
- Goatskin leather wicks away moisture and offers a non-slip grip
- Extra reinforcement on the fingertips and knuckle areas
- Velcro fastening provides a tight and secure fit
8. Superior Glove Leather Gloves Work / Kevlar Lined Cut Resistant
As the name suggests, these chainsaw gloves offer superior protection. A Kevlar lining protects your hand from potential injuries. Still, it remains flexible enough for comfort. Goatskin leather, on the other hand, offers excellent resistance to abrasion. As a result, it protects your hand from rough wood and flying chips. At the same time, it’s soft and lightweight for additional comfort. Also, these chainsaw gloves are among the best for spark and flame resistance. Not to mention, they meet the manufacturing standards for cut resistance.
- Cut-proof Kevlar lining
- Abrasion-resistant goatskin leather
- Soft and lightweight
- Resistant to sparks and flames
- Certified cut protection
7. Husqvarna Work Gloves Heavy Duty
You don’t always have to spend a fortune on a good pair of chainsaw gloves. That’s precisely the case with these work gloves. Though budget-friendly, they don’t sacrifice comfort and protection. These chainsaw gloves afford the most breathability, thanks to a porous pigskin. Hence, the gloves are able to withstand moisture. Another remarkable feature is the two layers of split-leather. Keep in mind; split leather offers the highest level of resistance to abrasion. Not to mention, it’s more flexible. It reinforces the palm, index finger, and thumb. Also, it improves dexterity. The gloves have a Gunn cut design, which, besides durability, provides better wear and comfort. Elastic cuffs, on the other hand, allow the gloves to fit snugly over your wrists.
- Pigskin is very breathable
- Split leather offers the highest level of resistance to abrasion
- Durable Gunn cut design provides better wear and comfort
- Elastic cuffs provide a snug fit over the wrists
6. Oregon Chain Saw Safety Gloves
Oregon gloves are another excellent option for a tight budget. Like most chainsaw gloves out there, they have more protection on the left hand. After all, this is the side that is more susceptible to injuries. The palm has a soft and thin kidskin leather. Not only is it waterproof, but it also provides a non-slip grip. The back, on the other hand, is a water-repellent polyester. Hence, it keeps your hands dry, regardless of the weather. Also, it’s hard-wearing, making it resistant to abrasion. The back is reflective to improve visibility. Furthermore, these gloves have knit cuffs. Hence, they fit snug over the wrists.
- The left hand is cut resistant
- Soft and waterproof kidskin leather
- Durable, water-repellent polyester
- Reflective back improves visibility
- Knit cuffs fit snug over the wrists
5. Superior Glove / Cut Resistant Chainsaw Gloves
Whereas most chainsaw gloves offer a few layers of Kevlar, Endura Hi-Viz has eight. Hence, it offers one of the highest levels of protection from cuts. In fact, it can withstand chainsaw speeds of up to 52 feet per second. The goatskin leather is another outstanding feature. Not only does it provide a better grip, but it’s also waterproof. Also, the leather has anti-vibration layers, which results in less user fatigue. The gloves have a bright yellow color. As a result, it catches the attention of people around you. The cuffs have a flexible fabric. Together with the velcro closure, they provide a fit that is comfortable and secure.
- 8 layers of protection
- The gloves are waterproof and breathable
- Non-slip goatskin leather
- Comfortable anti-vibration layers
- Bright yellow color for visibility
- Velcro provides a secure fit
- Certified cut protection
4. Youngstown Glove Company Kevlar Work Gloves / General Utility lined
Youngstown, according to most chainsaw users, is the gold standard for chainsaw gloves. These particular gloves, for instance, offers more than what you get from typical chainsaw gloves. It has several layers of Kevlar, which is above the industry standard. Hence, every single inch of your gloves is fully protected. Another remarkable feature is the non-slip reinforcement in the palm area. It offers a comfortable wear and a better grip. For this reason, you can do the heavy lifting with confidence. Not only does it provide a lasting grip, but also durability around the palm, fingers, and thumb. Also, the gloves have a terry cloth wipe. Because of that, you can wipe the sweat off your face and brow. Neoprene cuffs and velcro provide a secure, adjustable fit.
- Several Kevlar lining protects every inch of the gloves
- Non-slip reinforcement offers protection and a better grip
- Double stitching provides lasting durability
- The 3D design offers superior comfort and dexterity
- Breathable cuffs and velcro offer a secure fit
- Soft terry cloth for wiping the sweat off the face
- Certified cut protection
3. Elvex Cowhide Leather Palm Gloves
When you compare with most chainsaw gloves, Elvex gloves are much lighter. For this reason, the gloves provide all-day comfort. The left glove, in particular, has more protective padding on the back. Well, it uses several layers of polyester fiber as the protective filler. Hence, it’s this clogging fiber that helps prevent chainsaw accidents. The palm is made of cowhide leather. Not only is it soft and durable, but it also provides a better grip. Open cuffs and velcro allow you to customize the fit.
- Lightweight for all-day comfort
- Clogging polyester fiber prevents accidents
- Soft, durable, and non-slip cowhide leather
- Cuffs and velcro provide a secure fit
- Certified cut protection
2. Echo Shindaiwa Chain Saw Gloves
Here’s the largest version of Echo chainsaw gloves. Hence, it offers a perfect fit across a wide range of users. But size isn’t the only thing that sets it apart. These gloves excel, both in comfort and protection. For instance, two layers of Kevlar on the back make the gloves cut resistant. The palm has a moisture-resistant goatskin leather. Besides, it provides a firm grip that’s useful for heavy lifts. Also, the palm has foam pads, which reduce vibrations to minimize fatigue. The gloves have reinforcement, particularly on the fingertips and knuckles. This offers lasting durability. Velcro, on the other hand, offers a secure fit.
- Two layers of Kevlar for cut resistance
- Foam pads reduce vibrations
- Goatskin leather provides a firm grip
- Velcro gives a tight and secure fit
1. Ironclad Durable Chainsaw Gloves / General Utility Work Gloves
These are general utility gloves. Hence, they’re suitable for all day-to-day tasks. The gloves have synthetic leather reinforcement on the palm, fingers, and saddle. Not only does the leather offer maximum durability, but it also provides excellent dexterity. In addition, the palm has foam pads to minimize vibrations. The knuckles, on the other hand, have a rubber layer. The rubber protects the user against impact and abrasion. Another great feature is the soft terry cloth. You can use it to wipe the sweat off your face. A wrist closure offers a secure fit. Not to mention, it has a cuff puller that provides a quick fit.
- The leather (synthetic) has double stitching for maximum durability
- Foam pads minimize vibrations
- Knuckles have a rubber protection
- A soft terry cloth for wiping the sweat off your face
- A wrist closure provides a snug fit