Mast libraries use shelving as the standard for the storage of books, magazines, and other media. However, there are some instances where books need to be moved to different parts of the library. In that case, you need book carts. Books carts are specially engineered to provide complete mobility. Better still, they’re versatile and can be configured to provide a multitude of benefits and storage solutions. But what are the best book carts for the ultimate organization and distribution of books? There are different styles and sizes to choose from. Some are made of plastic while others come in wood or metal construction. But from the numerous options available, there exist specific models that tend to perform well regardless of your needs. This article gives an in-depth review of some of these affordable book carts that are designed to last a lifetime.
- Table of The Best Book Carts | Rolling Book Cart Reviews
- 10. Safco Book Cart with Swivel Wheels
- 9. Safco Rolling Book Cart 3 Shelves On Each Side
- 8. FixtureDisplays Wood Library Book Carts
- 7. Babyletto Presto Acrylic Bookcase
- 6. Guidecraft Rolling Book Shelf Cart for Office Furniture
- 5. ECR4Kids Rolling Cart with 10 Shelves for Kids / Hardwood Double-Sided
- 4. Safco Portable Book Cart Single-Sided
- 3. Guidecraft Wood Book Carts 2 Shelves
- 2. Torrid Mobile Book Carts Organizer Rolling
- 1. Safco Metal Book Cart 3 Shelf
Table of The Best Book Carts | Rolling Book Cart Reviews
10. Safco Book Cart with Swivel Wheels
This book cart has a durable steel construction that can handle years of use. Better still, the surface has a black powder coating that makes it more resistant to scratches, wear, and chipping. Instead of solid legs, this cart has hollow legs that make it stronger yet lighter. Perforations help maintain temperature and humidity levels. Hence, your books are appropriately cared for to prolong their lifetime. This book cart is double-sided, which means you get two shelf faces. There are 6 slanted shelves to create a more attractive display. With 12 inches between each shelf, the cart can comfortably accommodate larger books and binders. Each shelf holds 50 pounds, bringing the weight capacity to 300 pounds. Furthermore, the cart has a height-adjustable side pocket for extra storage. Four swivel wheels make it easier to move the cart in any direction.
- A durable and lightweight powder-coated steel construction
- 3 shelves on each side with 12-inch height in-between can fit larger books
- The shelves are slanted to offer face-front display
- Four swivel wheels provide easy mobility in any direction
- 300 pounds weight capacity
9. Safco Rolling Book Cart 3 Shelves On Each Side
This cart is built with durability in mind. It has a 100% steel frame for long life use and a powder coating for extra protection from scratches, chipping, and weather elements. Plus, the frame is fully welded, creating strong bonds at the corners. With such reinforcement, the cart can hold up to 300 pounds. There are 3 shelves on each side, all slanted to provide an attractive face-front display. This book cart has four swivel lock casters. You can choose to lock the casters for easy transportation or unlock for a free range of motion.
- A durable steel frame resists scratches and weather elements
- 6 slanted shelves offer a stylish display
- Swivel lock casters provide a free range of motion and can lock for transportation
- Weight capacity of 300 pounds
8. FixtureDisplays Wood Library Book Carts
Pew Cart 10969 is made of a medium-density fiberboard that offers a smooth, consistent surface. Plus, it’s laminated for excellent resistance to wear, scratches, and stains. Not to mention, it has outstanding natural resistance to moisture and humidity. The cart has two slanted shelves for easy storage, with each holding up to 50 pounds. Another unique feature is the four heavy-duty swivel lock casters that make the cart easy to maneuver. What’s more, the casters are sturdy enough to support up to 280 pounds.
- A laminated medium-density fiberboard offers excellent resistance to scratches, wear, and stains
- 2 slanted shelves with 15 inches in-between can fit large books and files
- Heavy-duty casters make pushing effortless
- 280 pounds weight capacity
7. Babyletto Presto Acrylic Bookcase
Babyletto book cart is for kids and toddlers. It’s made of stylish acrylic material to provide a full view and an attractive display. Compared to glass, it’s highly transparent and lighter. Also, it offers excellent resistance to weather and impact. The cart has a tilted top shelf and a bottom storage cubby. By holding the books in a slanted position, the shelf allows the contents of the book to be read with ease. The storage cubby, on the other hand, helps keep your books and toys in full display. Four locking casters come in handy for easy mobility.
- A highly transparent, lightweight, and durable acrylic construction
- A tilted top shelf and a bottom storage cubby
- Four locking casters make movement effortless
- Easy-reach height suitable for kids and toddlers
6. Guidecraft Rolling Book Shelf Cart for Office Furniture
This heavy-duty book cart has a light yet sturdy steel construction to provide years of use. Plus, it includes a powder coating for extra protection and easy cleaning. The cart has two shelves closed on all sides to provide more secure storage. Furthermore, the shelves have dividers to maintain a clean and organized look. Not to mention, the dividers are deep enough to conceal the small items you want to keep out of view. The cart has swivel lock casters for easy rolling. These are made of rubber to provide a smooth and quiet movement.
- Heavy-duty steel construction guarantees years of use
- A powder coating offers extra surface resistance
- 2 enclosed shelves with dividers provide a tidy and organized look
- Quiet smooth-rolling swivel casters
5. ECR4Kids Rolling Cart with 10 Shelves for Kids / Hardwood Double-Sided
This display stand has a timeless wood finish. The birch hardwood construction makes it light, durable, and attractive. Regarding storage, it has 5 slots on each side to double the storage capacity. The shelves are forward-facing, which makes it easier for kids to select books. Plus, the stand has an easy-reach height that’s perfect for young readers. The stand includes four optional casters should you want to move it around. A broader base that is low on the ground improves stability to prevent tipping. This book display stand is ideal for kids who are at least 3 years old.
- Birch hardwood construction gives a durable and attractive finish
- 5 shelves on each side double the storage
- Easy-reach height ideal for young readers
- Optional casters for mobility
- Wider at the base for increased stability
4. Safco Portable Book Cart Single-Sided
This is a single-sided book cart but with the capacity of a double-sided version. Durable steel construction offers maximum durability. Plus, it has extra surface protection, thanks to a powder coating that helps maintain a professional look. 3 shelves slant to fit larger books with ease. Each holds up to 100 pounds. Better still, you get an adjustable side pocket that offers a perfect solution for keeping files. This book cart has oversized swivel wheels that provide mobility over different surfaces.
- Powder-coated steel construction provides maximum durability and extra surface protection
- 3 slanted shelves can fit larger books
- A height-adjustable side pocket for keeping files
- Oversized swivel wheels offer excellent mobility
- 300 pounds weight capacity
3. Guidecraft Wood Book Carts 2 Shelves
Guidecraft Organizer Set is an easy-reach book cart ideal for kids. It has a plywood construction that offers a high strength to weight ratio. Hence, it remains lightweight but sturdy enough to hold a large number of books. Not to mention, the plywood makes it more resistant to impact. The cart has a top slanted shelf and a flat bottom shelf. The shelves are deep enough to fit large books. Furthermore, they have dividers that create six separate sections for easy organization. Heavy-duty casters make the cart easy to maneuver.
- A plywood construction provides a high strength to weight ratio
- A top slanted shelf and a flat bottom shelf create more storage space
- Dividers provide tidy organization
- Heavy-duty casters permit movement in any direction
2. Torrid Mobile Book Carts Organizer Rolling
This wooden book cart has a tough lacquer finish. Hence, it lasts longer without flaking or chipping. The cart has a top and bottom shelf, each tilted to keep your books from sliding off. It has a 15-inch clearance between shelves, which creates more space for large books. Plus, the shelves offer up to 5 feet of storage to fit more books. The cart is easy to move around, thanks to heavy-duty 3-inch casters.
- Durable wood construction with a tough lacquer finish
- 2 slanted shelves create up to 5 feet of storage
- A 15-inch shelf clearance accommodates large items
- 3-inch casters provide easy mobility
1. Safco Metal Book Cart 3 Shelf
Scoot utility cart has a durable steel construction. The legs are made of hollow steel tubes to keep down the weight. A powder coat finish gives an extra level of protection to maintain a new look. There are 3 shelves that you can adjust to create more space for large items. Each supports up to 100 pounds. A side storage pocket accommodates files and is adjustable for easy access. Oversized casters make it easy to move the cart.
- Durable powder-coated steel offers long-life use
- 3 adjustable shelves create customized storage
- Oversized casters provide mobility
- 300 pounds weight capacity